Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Devotional: Let Nothing Come Between You and the Light


Check out South Jersey Christian Events

“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
I came across a sign that a lighting company is cleverly displaying to promote their lighting business, “Let nothing come between you & the light”. Immediately, I thought of Jesus who is the Light of the world, Jesus tells us this in the verse above and in John 9:5 “While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” I started thinking, what in my life is getting between me & Jesus? Is it TV, volunteering, poor time management, over eating, procrastination? Yes, it’s all of the above and more! Ugh!!! You see, there are so many things that we allow to get in between our relationship with Jesus Christ. Maybe for you it’s jealously, pride, working long hours, or social situations. I believe we need these reminders, these signs like the one I saw to shake us up and make us think. I want to encourage you to do some digging in your own life and your relationship with Jesus.  Writing down what things keep you from Jesus will help you gain focus. What actions should you engage in to have a deeper relationship and draw closer to Jesus? But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7
I want to encourage you to take some time to read & pray through the scriptures below, to be encouraged and challenged in keeping the Light close to you, shining brightly in your life for others to see and for Christ to enjoy.
Let's Reflect: Reading for this week… Romans 13:12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Corinthians 6:14 ….Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 1 Thessalonians 5:5 You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.
PRAYER:  Oh, Jesus, the light of the world, praise you for pushing out darkness. Your light fills me with hope, joy and peace. Teach me how I can prevent anything or anyone from coming between You and I. Thank you for your patience and grace. And Jesus, bless me with Your light, so I can shine for you in this world. In Jesus name I pray, AMEN!
Be Blessed…Be Bold in the name of Jesus!
Suzanne Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment