Monday, February 18, 2013

Devotional: A GPS Story…RE-calculating



Psalm 24:4,5 “Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.”    
Has your GPS ever told you to go one way but you weren't familiar with the way the GPS was telling you to go so you didn't want to take that way? A friend asked me to pick something up for her at a store in Cherry Hill. I do not like going to Cherry Hill because of the traffic congestion. I put the address in my GPS, it was telling me to go a route that didn't make any sense to me and I wasn't familiar with. I couldn't see how following this GPS route was going to get me to my destination. I battled within myself, ‘do I follow it or go the safe way I am familiar with?’ Eventually, the GPS won and I followed it, on the verge of frustration, bewildered the entire ride as I was sure it wasn't going to take me to where I needed to be which meant wasted time. Much to my surprise, it put me exactly where I needed to be! It took me through back roads, cut through all the congestion and I didn't have to wait in any traffic. I was so excited, a big contrast from when I started this journey. Now, I know a back way of getting to the heart of Cherry Hill!
I felt like God put on my heart right away that so many of us do that with Him, I do that with Him…reject a new direction because we are scared, unsure or it pulls us from our comfort zone. Aren't we used to making decisions’ or going down a path in life that we are comfortable with but God wants to take us down a path that will be better for us and we resist or flat out refuse. We have made plans for our life, but God says, For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 Please don’t misunderstand me, that doesn't mean it will be always be easy, but we can be sure, if it’s God’s way it will be the right way.
Verses to Study & Reflect: Psalm 16:11 “You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” Psalm 18:30 “As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him.” Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.” Matthew 6:33 “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Proverbs 16:9 “In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.” James 4:14, 15 “Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanished. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lords’ will, we will live and do this or that.”
PRAYER:  Dear LORD, thank you for having a perfect plan for my life. Thank you for being patient with me as I don't always listen to you. LORD,  I know your way is better than my way. Give me the strength and courage I need to follow your ways.
Be Blessed…Be Bold in the name of Jesus!
Suzanne Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment